Wellpark Reunion 2013 - London

News and Information About the 2013 Reunion

I found a site that has a short film clip of us getting off the airplane and boarding the bus to go to Kensington Barracks. If you want to view it, go to google, type in 1970s-ITNSource, scroll down more than half way, you will find our film clip. It is above the clip about Princess Margaret.
Vietnamese refugees in Britain.

ENGLAND: London: Kensington Barracks:
Vietnamese family seated at table enjoying meal using chopsticks eating Vietnamese meal. Vietnamese female refugee interviewed, talks about wearing Vietnamese clothing. British volunteers sorting through clothes for refugees. Beds for refugees, volunteer laying flower on pillow as welcome. Young Vietnamese children, refugee women cleaning and cooking in kitchen, male refugee sat on sofa.

Stanstead Airport:
Vietnamese refugees arriving in Britain walking off plane and into coach and away. Vietnamese arrivals at welcoming ceremony, waving Union Jack flags.

Views: 174

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you go to the bottom of the shipsnostalgia site, www.shipsnostalgia.com/guides/MV_Wellpark , there are three clips on ITN Source. These are Reuters clips and one was filmed on the ship in Taiwan. There are two others featuring your arrival in the UK and time at Kensington. I have been 'negotiating. with ITN Source so that we could get these three clips for the Reunion, but they insist (so far) on charging almost 5000 USD to copy them and then issue a licence so they can be shown in the US. I have complained several times that this is unreasonable considering that this is film of ourselves. surely we have some rights to them. But so far I am pessimistic we can get them unless we pay their price. Does anyone have any legal contact, or film contacts who could try and twist some arms?
In response to anh Duc's comment. Yes, indeed! Thuy, I thought you said you're computer challenged? :)

Good job there Thuy & Mike! Thanks for the info. Anh Sieu & I will try to incorporate it into our slide show for the reunion.
How exciting! Just viewed the video clip. I think I spotted our family walking down the plane and boarding the bus. Luan was pulling Co Nghiem down the steps. Toward the bus were Chi & co Nghia and Grandma. Now, the girl in the blue shirt I can't tell if it's you or me Thuy.

BTW, I think it's easier if whoever wants to view it can click on the link below. It will direct you directly rather than searching for the link.

http://itnsource.com/en/Entire-Archive/Compilations/Dates_Decades/1...

Once you get there, look to the right hand side. There are 6 video clips. Select the one with the 2 ladies with 1 holding a child. It's right below the picture of the man in a red shirt who's the president of Tanzania.

To enlarge the video, look at the lower right corner within the video screen for an orange button with an arrow and then click on that. You will be able to view it better. Once you're there click on the PLAY > button locates on your lower left corner within the screen.

To see frame by frame when it's in play mode take your mouse to the square orange button that's running along from the left screen and slow it down. Hope that helps. Enjoy!
Hi Lauren,

The clips are great. That's at least 4 that I know of, and I think the one filmed on the ship would be brilliant (I think I'm in it!), But ITN source want something like GBP 220.00 to clean and copy the clips and something like GBP 455.00 per minute of film to licence it to be shown in the US. They tell me that is their best offer and I'm getting frustrated they won't make a more reasonable offer. After all, I don't remember them asking for our permission to film us. Don't we have rights?
Mike,

Thank you for convince ITN to allow you to use the clip on your page. I feel ashame that you did all the work for us, you contributed the most on this site than any of the Vietnamese. I know you spent a lot of time researching and writing on our behalf. I am very grateful to know and be friend with you. Thank you. I hope we have the opportunity to say thank you in person. Sincerely, Chi
Fantastic research chi. Thuy & Mike!

I suggest a box of tissues should be placed on each banqueting table because after watching these videos, there won't be a dry eye in sight! I think anh Duc has a talent for merging the clips & photos into a great slide show. Perhaps we could ask him?...

RSS

About

Chi Pham created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Chi Pham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service