Wellpark Reunion 2013 - London

News and Information About the 2013 Reunion

Sad news Of Chief Engineer Aistair Berry's death

Hi,
I got a call yesterday from Alistair Berry's daughter to tell me he passed away a couple of weeks ago. Alistair was Chief Engineer on the Wellpark and is in many of the photos taken by Mike and the photographers who came on board when she was docked inTaiwan.
I interviewed him for my film "The Wellpark Story" and he was great fun to interview and I'm sure any of you who have seen it will agree he tells some great anecdotes. I really appreciated him giving me his time and I know he really enjoyed getting involved. He was very helpful to me and patient, because I was quite nervous with the camera and stuff!
I have attatched a photo from Mike. There's a great one of him surrounded by children watching a video on the Wellpark which I'll try to attach at some point.
Kind regards, jo

Views: 161

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

Please pass on my deepest sympathies to his daughter, I hope she will find the comfort I have found from this and other sites that celebrate the amazing thing the sailors did and hearing from people who knew her Dad.

Best wishes
Carmel xxx
Hi Jo,

Thanks for letting us know the sad news about Chief Engineer Alistair Berry and posted his picture so we all know who he was.

Our thoughs and prayers to the Berry's family. May sorrow pass quickly, but the memories remain forever.

Sincerely,

Chi Pham
Hi Jo,

Thank you very much for letting us know about Mr. Alistair Berry. Please pass on the message to his daughter that in her time of sadness, our thoughts of heartfelt sympathy are with her! We are eternally being grateful for all the things he did for us!

Regards,

Hanh Nguyen
May he rest in peace.
Amen.
Thank you all for your kind words and sympathy. Dad would have loved to have known about how you were all getting on and I think he will be with you in spirit at your reunion

all the best
Fiona

RSS

About

Chi Pham created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Chi Pham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service