Wellpark Reunion 2013 - London

News and Information About the 2013 Reunion

Hi all,
Here is a link for you to be able to watch the film I made about The Wellpark 2 years ago. I know lots of you have been asking how to see it, so finally here is a link. You can download it and save it on your computer or save it on a dvd. It will stay up on this link for a week, then it's going to come down. Please keep it for personal viewing only - for friends and family.
www.westdigital.co.uk/Jo_Wall_Film.wmv
Copy and paste above link into your address bar.

Hope you enjoy it!
P.S. I have found some archive footage from the BBC news of the British comedian Frankie Howard coming to visit the children at Kensington...it's so funny. I will ask them if I can get permission for you to be able to see it. Do any of the adults remember this happening? I suppose no one would know who he was at the time...

Best wishes, Jo

Views: 325

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well written Carmel. I agree, every person's story is so different. It has been a shock to me when I have interviewed people to hear them so matter-of-factly tell me some really shocking, sad story. Somethings I can't even begin to imagine I could have coped with if they had happened to my family...
At school I learnt nothing about Vietnam so it's fascinating to find out about these faceless 'Boat People' I watched on the news as a kid, and start to have an understanding of what was behind the newspaper headlines.
I am very lucky as a complete stranger to have been made so welcome by Vietnamese and crew, and as a novice film-maker to have been given such support and encouragement from everyone. Your story helped me get my MA and now hopefully get a BBC 8-minute film on the tv. You have helped me loads, so in return anything I can do by keeping a filmic record for the 'history books' or getting your story out to the general public is a pleasure.
Lots of links which seemed 'co-insidence' came together to arrive at the reuinion...... but really there is no such thing as coinsidence, Things were meant to happen.
Look at the fact that my husband Andrew had died at 1.00am in the morning, and I had come back home after a terrrible night waiting for him to pass away, when I get a phone call asking for him, from a stranger. Jo was that person, and when she mentioned the Wellpark, I knew I had to help her anyway I could. To me it was ordained to happen, and I am so proud he has been recognised for the hero he was.
It seems more than a few of us can think of things that have happened in recent years which are linked to the Wellpark name. Are they chance and coincidence, or nothing less than fate being played out, or is there something else going on? I like to think I have a logical mind but time and again things seem to link up, with too much frequency for it to be just random chance. Or is it just good luck?

RSS

About

Chi Pham created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Chi Pham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service