Wellpark Reunion 2013 - London

News and Information About the 2013 Reunion

Mike Newton asked me to put this BBC news clip of the Wellpark in Taiwan on 10th October 1978 for you to all enjoy. The captain was so young and Mike had a full set of hair!
Go to VIDEOS section and it should be there.
Enjoy!
Huy

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Huy. Brilliant work once again! Are you sure that's me?! It's been a long search to find this clip, which I always knew existed because my parents, friends and relatives in Scotland saw this clip on the BBC News on October 8th, 1978 while we all sat in Kaohsiung in Taiwan. Having been away from home for two months, after my mother saw me, she wrote saying I should get my hair cut! As for the BBC correspondent in the film, he was called Bob Friend and became best known as the senior newsreader and presenter for SKY NEWS. He himself died only last week.

The conditions under which I got this BBC clip are such that it is not allowed to be released for public viewing, so please keep it 'private' within the Wellpark site. Huy will also upload the other ITN clips I have to this site. Unfortunately these do not have commentary...........but if someone would like to add some, please go ahead!

RSS

About

Chi Pham created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

There are no birthdays today

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Chi Pham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service